CHOUHAN LAW FIRM: THE SMALL BUSINESS ATTORNEY ATLANTA ENTREPRENEURS TRUST
Atlanta is a great place to start a business, but it’s not uncommon to face unexpected challenges along the way. As the small business attorney Atlanta entrepreneurs trust, Chouhan Law Firm is prepared to help you navigate and mitigate a variety of legal issues.
WHEN YOU NEED A SMALL BUSINESS ATTORNEY, ATLANTA’S CHOUHAN LAW FIRM IS HERE TO HELP
Small business owners are the heroes of the U.S. economy. Statistics suggest that 31.7 million small and medium-sized businesses or SMBs, (approximately 99.9% of enterprises) were fully operational in the pre-pandemic U.S. economy. And though this stat sounds laudable, running a successful enterprise comes with its fair share of challenges and hassles.
From legal problems to financial upheavals, SMBs face them all. At the Chouhan Law Firm, our team of small business attorneys helps managers of SMBs to forestall or break free from legal bottlenecks.
You don’t need to sweat over tomes of intimidating legalese. Our attorneys are experienced in Atlanta business matters and litigations. The legal professionals at Chouhan Law Firm have a deep understanding of what our clients need.
If you run a business corporation in Atlanta, GA, having a dedicated legal professional makes all the difference in your enterprise’s outcomes.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH A SMALL BUSINESS ATTORNEY IN ATLANTA GA
To get a good understanding of the benefits of a small business attorney, it is important to know your figures.
In Atlanta, GA, small businesses contribute significantly to the economic growth and development of the city. From providing essential goods and services to creating jobs for residents, SMBs are the heartbeat of Atlanta.
Unfortunately, statistics show that about 50% of small businesses fail by their fifth year. If you’re in a similar quagmire, seek the expertise of our knowledgeable small business attorney.
Listed below are some of the basic services our Atlanta small business attorney can provide:
- Corporate formation and registration.
- Business contracts review and drafting.
- Partnership and corporate disputes.
- Legal issues, which include hotel/motel and gas station/convenience store matters.
- Business contract disputes.
- Review of purchase and sale agreements
- Explaining various local and federal laws that regulate commercial activities in the country.
If legal issues are preventing you from turning your small enterprise into a successful business, consult the Chouhan Law office for skilled legal counsel. We will analyze your business situation, provide you with the best legal advice, and serve you with our experience and expertise to unleash your full business potential.
THE ROLE OF ATTORNEYS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Every small enterprise owner needs a lawyer from the moment the business idea is conceived. There are many different legal matters with complexities that need your time and attention. The timely intervention of an Atlanta small business attorney can save you a lot of time, money, and stress.
Here are the roles a business lawyer can play in your small businesses right from the inception of the enterprise:
- Registration and formation of the business—The registration of a business is its foundation, and it determines how far the business will go. A small enterprise owner is liable to risks. A lawyer will put in safeguards to limit those risks from the onset of the business.
- Secure your business brand—Many entrepreneurs have lost their brand for failing to protect it. Business attorneys can help businesses register and secure their brands from theft and infringements.
- Employer-Employee relations—Unfortunately, many small enterprises have been ruined because of conflicts between employees and their employers. A lawyer can help businesses obey labor laws and draft employment agreements.
- Post incorporation compliance—The law requires a small business owner to continue to carry out some activities to maintain the status of a new company. Failure to comply can lead to fines and other severe consequences.
- Business Contracts and Partnerships – Every business partnership and contract needed to be done under certain conditions with proper documentation. Our attorneys will help you create valid legal documents for your business partnership or contract purpose.
Aside from these, we can also help you with any other legal matter concerning your business, ensuring a seamless journey in your business growth.
What to Look for in a Business Lawyer
When hiring a business lawyer, you must have to check up on a few things to make sure that you and your business are on the safe side. A competent, experienced, and honest lawyer can help you grow your business while taking care of legal complexities.
However, if you end up with an inexperienced attorney, you and your business will be on the stack. So, while hiring a business lawyer, make sure you check their areas of expertise and the history of cases they have dealt with.
If online, it would be worth a shot if you could find the online reviews. This way, you will be able to have an idea of their worth.
At Chouhan Law Firm, we are certain that we are capable enough to help out clients as we have been doing since our inception. Our law firm is experienced and has enough expertise to fight for your business and protect it from harsh legal charges to ensure a lifelong journey in the market.
When to Hire Small Business Contract Lawyers
There are many tasks entrepreneurs can carry out themselves in the day-to-day running of their businesses. However, it is advisable to seek the business law services of an attorney before there is likely to be a legal issue.
Waiting for the legal issue to materialize before hiring a lawyer is a bad idea. The legal costs when issues arise are always higher.
Moreover, keeping an attorney side-by-side is always fruitful as you need legal assistance when you start reaching the potential of your business to its fullest.
The following are times when you need to get the services of a lawyer:
- Formation of contracts.
- Debt recovery.
- Tax compliance.
- Hiring employees.
- Dismissal of workers.
- Dispute with a business partner.
- Registration of patents and trademarks.
- Business Litigation.
- Company acquisition.
Bottom line: it is safer and cheaper to consult a lawyer to take care of your legal needs before you actually need one.
HOW TO HIRE A SMALL BUSINESS LAWYER ATLANTA
The legal profession is a complex and highly specialized area. Many law firms have their areas of expertise and specialization. So don’t assume that just any lawyer can help you take care of your business.
For Atlanta entrepreneurs, hiring the right attorney is essential to the growth of the enterprise. It is vital to hire a lawyer who understands what it takes to help startups stand on their feet.
The right Atlanta business lawyer has not only the knowledge and expertise but also the time to dedicate to the protection of your enterprise.
HOW TO FIND SMALL BUSINESS LAWYERS IN MY AREA
With many attorneys offering their services around your area, it may be overwhelming to find the right Atlanta small business lawyer for you. However, it doesn’t have to be!
Some of the best ways to find small business lawyers in your area include:
- Make inquiries—A little inquiry, especially from other Atlanta business owners, can lead you to an excellent lawyer.
- Search online—Search engines are great places to find the right attorney in your area for the particular services you are looking for.
- Search local directories—Every city has a local directory with the contacts of attorneys and their services in that area.
Ask for referrals—Asking people to refer you to lawyers they’ve used in the past is another way to find an attorney.
HOW SMALL BUSINESS CONTRACT LAWYERS CAN HELP YOU
Although a business owner can form a contract with another party without the help of a lawyer, it is never a good idea.
Many small enterprise owners have had their fingers burnt by signing legally binding contracts without having them reviewed by a lawyer.
There are several legal issues you need to sort out before you put pen to paper in any contract.
No matter how educated you are, always let a lawyer scrutinize a contract before you sign it.
An attorney will make sure that the contract you are about to sign:
- Contains what the parties agreed to.
- Is legally enforceable.
- Is valid.
QUESTIONS FOR SMALL BUSINESS ATTORNEY IN ATLANTA
There are many legal issues that confront Atlanta small business owners from the inception of the enterprise to its daily operation.
Knowing what questions to ask will help you get the best help from your attorney. The following are some questions business owners frequently ask lawyer.
Do I Need to Register My Business?
Business laws require that you must register certain businesses with the authorities before you can begin operation. You, therefore, need to find out if your business falls into this category.
What’s the Best Business Structure for Me?
Small businesses can take various forms like a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, and S corporation. Selecting any of these categories will depend on several things, like:
- Personal liability.
- Type of business.
How Do I Protect My Brand From Infringement?
The best way to protect your brand is to apply and acquire legal rights over your products and brands. Getting patents and trademarks for your products and ideas means no other person can use or copy them without your express permission.
The Chouhan Law Firm has proven results by offering effective representation to its clients. If you have more information or legal advice, contact us today for a thorough assessment of your small business law matters.